Saturday, August 28, 2010

Softening the Kitchen Window

Before ...


The basic pieces ...

Here I cut 7/8 inch double fold bias tape to fit half my window opening width plus about 3/8 inch at each end to hem in the raw edges.  Next I gathered the panel to fit, encased it in the bias tape and stitched it very close to the edge.  Then I added the clip-on curtain rings.  (After I hung it I realized it needed seven, not five, rings to hang right.)


I used some of the left over valance material to add this band at the bottom.  The panels are hanging on a cafe tension rod inset in the window because there wasn't enough space for any draping in front of the window opening.

I added a dark red ribbon to the valance and hung it on a regular curtain rod.

Here is how it looks with the panals drawn back during the day.

2 comments: